1/1 Photo of Quiche with Tomato, Basil, and Garlic
1 hr 5 mins
Got this Carnation recipe a while back. With all the fresh vegies out there is summer it sounded so good I had to try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell (4-cup volume)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated & divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups fresh tomatoes or 1 3/4 cups canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Whisk sour cream, evaporated milk, 1/4 cup cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper in medium bowl; pour into pie shell.
- 3Combine remaining cheese, breadcrumbs, basil, and garlic in small bowl; sprinkle over sour cream mixture.
- 4Top with tomatoes and olives.
- 5Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- 6Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.
- 7Note: If you are going to freeze the quiche for later, freeze on a tray; then wrap with freezer paper, heavy-duty aluminum foil, or slide it into a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze up to two months.
- 8Do not thaw before reheating.
- 9Unwrap and bake in a 375°F oven for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quiche with Tomato, Basil, and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.9
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 167.3 mg
- Sodium 499.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 12.1 g