Recipe by annconnolly
One of the richest, best tasting quiches around. Use Camembert if you would prefer.
Top Review by loreengale
I made this a while back and absolutely loved it and marked the recipe "Excellent" (top of my own rating system) but forgot to write a review (my bad, lol). I didn't have a tart pan at that time so I just used a store-bought crust (Marie Callendar's frozen pie shells) and used that and it still came out wonderful. When I find brie on sale again, I want to try this with crab and asparagus in it. Thanks for sharing a great recipe.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 3 ounces rind removed brie cheese or 3 ounces camembert cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced chives
- white pepper
- cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom with the pie crust. Line the inside of the crust with crumbled wax paper or parchment paper and fill with dried beans.
- Place in oven and bake about 12-15 minutes or until partially done. Remove the beans and the paper and bake an additional 2-3 minutes to dry out the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 375F to bake the quiche.
- Using a fork, blend the cheese with the butter and cream.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Force this mixture through a sieve to remove any lumps.
- Stir in the chives. Taste and season with the salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Pour into the pastry, place the pan on a baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the quiche is puffed and browned.