Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
An easy and delicious meal.. either for lunch, brunch or dinner. I've even eaten it for breakfast. It reheats well, too.
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 ounces packages frozen chopped spinach (cooked and drained)
- 1⁄2 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded (6 oz.)
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Bake shell 400° for 7 minutes.
- Drop temperature to 375°.
- Cook sausage, onion and garlic until done.
- Stir in spinach and stuffing mix.
- Sprinkle first cheese and then sausage mix into pie crust.
- In bowl combine eggs and half& half.
- Pour over sausage mix.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and paprika.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
I have been using this recipe for years, it,s Always a big hit !
Very good. I used the whole package of sausage and spinach so used less of the half and half/egg mixture. Thanks for sharing!
This was a great recipe -- simple to follow and easy to put together and it tastes great! I made it for an office potluck. We used a combination of pepper-jack and colby/jack for the cheese. The pepper-jack gave it a great kick.