Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is from Dr. Stephen Sinatra, M.D., creator of the PAMM diet (Pan-Asian Modified Mediterranean Diet).
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small zucchini or 1 small summer squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil until hot. Add zucchini or squash, onion, pepper, and garlic and saute until vegetables are tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, and basil. Stir in sauteed vegetables.
- Next, divide mixture into 4 individual quiche dishes or 4 shallow casserole dishes (4 to 4 1/2 inches in diameter).
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until center is set. Sprinkle each serving with mozzarella cheese and let stand 5 minutes before serving to cool slightly. Top with chopped tomato and serve.