1 hr 5 mins
A Mexican quiche guaranteed to light a fire under your next brunch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the sausage and chorizo together.
- 2Add the onion and bell pepper and fry to wilt.
- 3Drain, but save, rendered fat.
- 4Beat the eggs and milk together.
- 5Stir the jalepenos and cilantro into egg/milk mixture.
- 6Using a basting brush, paint both sides of 3 to 4 flour tortillas with the rendered fat and cover the bottom and sides of 1 10-inch pie pan, tearing the tortillas and overlapping as necessary to fill the gaps.
- 7Repeat with another layer of tortillas painted with rendered fat as before.
- 8Spread sausage, chorizo, onion, bell pepper mixture over tortillas.
- 9Spread the cheddar and jack cheeses over sausage.
- 10Pour the egg/milk/chile/cilantro mixture over the cheese.
- 11Bake in 375°F oven for about 40 minutes or until the pie is set.
- 12Serve with salsa fresca and sliced jalapenos.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quiche of Death ( Huevos De Muerte)
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 837.0
- Calories from Fat 609
- Total Fat 67.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.7 g
- Cholesterol 308.2 mg
- Sodium 1757.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 46.2 g