Recipe by troublejul
I have branched out and starting doing some brunches and some catering for friends of mine and i can't think of a better way to start off something with a really good quiche. So here's my version of it. Hope you enjoy!
- 8 pieces thinly sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- 8 inches baked pie shells
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- layer bottom of pie shell with crumbled bacon and cheese.
- beat eggs and cream together thoroughly and add the fresh nutmeg.
- pour over bacon and cheese.
- brush sides of pie crust with milk.
- bake for 30 - 40 mins until browned and set in the middle.
- Serve immediately , with a chilled glass of crisp white wine and a group of friends on a sunny sunday morning.