Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I've had this recipe for many years. I think it's originally from an ad for Grey Poupon mustard that was in a magazine. It makes a lovely brunch, lunch, or light supper and the dijon mustard adds a wonderfully savory flavor to the typical Quiche Lorraine.
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 1⁄8 lb sliced ham, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half (light cream)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced onions or 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced, including some of the green
- Scatter ham and cheese evenly over the bottom of the pie shell.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into pie shell and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle of the quiche comes out clean.