1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This is made with chicken sausage with hahanero peppers in it, for a less spicy version use other chicken susage. The recipe comes from the "Flying Samaritans" and KCRA TV.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crust; Mix butter with flour.
- 2Mix throughly with a fork and add the pinch of salt and the 2 tablespoons of 7-up.
- 3From into a ball and roll out with a rolling pin to fit and 8-inch or 9-inch pan.
- 4Press into pan and flute the edges.
- 5Put aside.
- 6Filling; Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 7Saute chicken sausage until browned on both sides.
- 8Add chopped scallions, sliced mushrooms and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 9Saute for 2 minutes, then drain.
- 10Add mushrooms, scallions and chicken to bottom of pie crust.
- 11Crack the eggs into a small bowl.
- 12Whip eggs until fluffy.
- 13Add whole pint of half and half and whip again.
- 14Add salt and pepper.
- 15Fold in grated cheese.
- 16Pour the whole mixture into pie pan.
- 17Sprinkle paprika over the whole surface of the pie.
- 18Bake for 1 hour.
- 19Cool for 20 minutes, then cut and serve like a pie.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quiche Lorraine with Chicken Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.1
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 229.6 mg
- Sodium 556.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 18.0 g