Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
This is made with chicken sausage with hahanero peppers in it, for a less spicy version use other chicken susage. The recipe comes from the "Flying Samaritans" and KCRA TV.
- Crust; Mix butter with flour.
- Mix throughly with a fork and add the pinch of salt and the 2 tablespoons of 7-up.
- From into a ball and roll out with a rolling pin to fit and 8-inch or 9-inch pan.
- Press into pan and flute the edges.
- Put aside.
- Filling; Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute chicken sausage until browned on both sides.
- Add chopped scallions, sliced mushrooms and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Saute for 2 minutes, then drain.
- Add mushrooms, scallions and chicken to bottom of pie crust.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl.
- Whip eggs until fluffy.
- Add whole pint of half and half and whip again.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Fold in grated cheese.
- Pour the whole mixture into pie pan.
- Sprinkle paprika over the whole surface of the pie.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool for 20 minutes, then cut and serve like a pie.