1/2 Photos of Quiche Lorraine - Sort Of
K9 Owned's Note:
The recipe originally came from a 1987 Canadian Living Cookbook. I've been making it ever since but have altered it to suit our tastes. This is a much lighter version than those made with cream (as this recipe originally was) and now I find I don't like the texture of those made with cream. I wouldn't go lower fat than 2% milk though.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Thaw the pie shell if frozen and poke a bunch of holes across the bottom and sides with a fork. Bake for 5 - 7 minutes until very light gold.
- 3Remove from oven and set aside.
- 4Chop bacon in to smallish pieces and fry until cooked but not very crisp.
- 5Saute the minced onions in the bacon grease and set both aside (draining the onions first).
- 6In a medium sized bowl whisk the eggs and add the milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add in the cheese and bacon and stir until combined.
- 7Turn the egg mixture out in to the pie shell (it's easier to handle if you have the pie plate on a baking sheet).
- 8Cook at 375 F for 30 to 40 minutes or until a kinife inserted in to the center comes out clean. Let it sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
- 9Great with a crisp salad. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quiche Lorraine - Sort Of
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.3
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 145.3 mg
- Sodium 1177.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 17.9 g