Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful grab-n-go breakfast or mid-morning snack tucked into a lunchbox. From Foodbuzz.
Make and share this Quiche Lorraine Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water)
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare the bacon, onion and cheese. Toss these ingredients together with 1 teaspoon flour; set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cayenne, nutmeg and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the butter is pea-size. With a fork, lightly beat the eggs and half-and-half and add to the flour mixture. Add the bacon, onion and cheese mixture. Using a wooden spoon, fold mixture until it begins to come together.
- Turn out the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead gently for less than one minute. Pat dough to ¾ to 1-inch thick and cut using 3-inch biscuit cutter (for large scones) or cut into squares or triangles. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops of the scones with the egg wash.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden brown.