1 hr 3 mins
Serve these hearty muffins along with salad and a glass of wine or iced tea for a lovely lunch.
My Private Note
-24 muf ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 slices bacon, roughly chopped
- 4 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal or 1/2 cup white cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups shredded gruyere cheese
- 1Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- 3Swirl 1 tablespoon of the oil; add the bacon and saute for 1 minute.
- 4Add in the scallions; stir/saute for 2 minutes, until scallions are wilted and bacon is lightly browned.
- 5Transfer mixture to a large bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
- 6In another mixing bowl, whisk the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt until well blended; set aside.
- 7Whisk the egg, egg yolks, and the remaining oil into the bowl with the bacon; stir in the milk and cheese until well blended.
- 8Stir in the flour mixture until moistened.
- 9Fill prepared muffin tins 3/4 full.
- 10Bake in a 400° oven for 18 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned and pick comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- 11Set muffin pan on a wire rack to cool 10 minutes.
- 12Gently remove muffins from tin and cool them 5 minutes on the rack before serving (if stuck, gently rock back and forth to release it from the tin).
- 13To store: cool completely, then seal in an airtight container or in freezer bags.
- 14Muffins will stay fresh at room temperature for 2 days or up to 3 months in freezer.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quiche Lorraine Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (982 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.7
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 77.2 mg
- Sodium 369.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 9.3 g