Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a really nice brunch dish. I suggest serving with a fresh fruit salad of your choice.
- 1 lb bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Beat all ingredients together and pour into 2 uncooked prepared pie shells, 9" deep dish.
- Bake in preheated 425 degrees oven 15 minutes Reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake until fully set, about 40-45 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- *Line edges of pastry with aluminum foil ring to avoid edges browning too much during cooking.
I made this for Freeze It Tag :) Tasted great, a good traditional quiche. We ate one pie right away, and freezed the other for two weeks (placed a sheet of waxed paper over the top and then placed all into a large freezer bag). I thawed in the fridge for 1 day, then re-heated by the slice in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. After freezing and re-heating the crust was on the soft side (as can be expected). I meant to try re-heating in the oven as well, but it was gone before I got the chance!