Recipe by Judith N.
As we all know, this is one of the greatest lunch or brunch dishes ever invented. Prepare in advance, freeze, and bake when needed. This is one of the best recipes for Quiche I know of. Recipe source, "The Country Innkeepers' Cookbook".
Top Review by Chef Gustival
This is the first time I have ever made quiche. I have loved it for years but always thought that it was too difficult to make. This recipe has proved to me that is not the case. I did not have any swiss cheese so I used medium cheddar instead. It still tasted great! My mother and I both loved it. I will make it again for sure!
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated natural swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cheese and flour and sprinkle into the pie shell.
- Spread the ham evenly over this.
- Combine the eggs, milk, salt and mustard.
- Beat until smooth and pour evenly over the cheese and ham.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the custard is set.
- Serve warm, garnished with chopped parsley.
- To freeze: Prepare recipe through step 4. Wrap well with saran wrap and then foil. Freeze.
- To serve: Thaw in fridge overnight. Bake as directed.