Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Fairly standard quiche, my first attempt with help from my friends
- 4 eggs
- 226.79 g bacon
- 177.44 ml cheese
- 354.88 ml heavy cream
- 1 onion
- 1 pie crust (e.g. Pillsbury in the refrigerated section)
- salt or pepper
- Set out pie crust, eggs to warm to room temperature.
- Cut bacon cross-wise in 1 cm strips (no need to separate).
- Grate 1/2 onion into a small bowl.
- Grate cheese into another small bowl.
- Roll out pie crust into pie plate, roll edges as needed and return to fridge.
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat, stir occasionally to separate pieces.
- When browned and slightly crispy, remove bacon with a slotted spoon (leave grease in the skillet) and place on paper towel to drain/dry.
- Remove all but about 1 tbsp of the grease (careful, very hot! It can be discarded).
- Put the onion into the skillet and cook over low heat, mixing occasionally, just enough to take the edge off of the onion taste. Remove heat, leave in skillet.
- Break eggs into a large mixing bowl and add cream. Whisk until mixed.
- Add onion, salt and pepper (e.g. salt: 2 turns on grinder, pepper: 4+ turns) and whisk.
- Fetch pie crust from fridge.
- Crumble the bacon and spread evenly across the bottom of the pie crust.
- Spread the cheese on top of the bacon.
- Gently pour the egg/cream mixture into the pie crust.
- Place the pie plate on a cookie sheet and place in the middle of the oven.
One of my favorites! I used more cheese though. I usually make my own crust, but was feeling lazy today, so this was great! As there were no times or baking temps, I baked it the way I always do, 425 for 15 minutes, then 325 for 1/2 hour. Made for Spring PAC 2013
Great quiche. I used a combination of mozzarella and cheddar for the cheese. My grandson who claims he doesn't like quiche devoured this. There were no times or oven temps given in the recipe, so I baked at 325 for 45 minutes and it worked well for me. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
This produced a tasty, basic quiche. The instructions could be condensed some and there are no time or temp. instructions. I used the same as Pammyowl. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.