1/7 Photos of Quiche Lorraine
1 hr 10 mins
Fairly standard quiche, my first attempt with help from my friends
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set out pie crust, eggs to warm to room temperature.
- 2Cut bacon cross-wise in 1 cm strips (no need to separate).
- 3Grate 1/2 onion into a small bowl.
- 4Grate cheese into another small bowl.
- 5Roll out pie crust into pie plate, roll edges as needed and return to fridge.
- 6Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat, stir occasionally to separate pieces.
- 7When browned and slightly crispy, remove bacon with a slotted spoon (leave grease in the skillet) and place on paper towel to drain/dry.
- 8Remove all but about 1 tbsp of the grease (careful, very hot! It can be discarded).
- 9Put the onion into the skillet and cook over low heat, mixing occasionally, just enough to take the edge off of the onion taste. Remove heat, leave in skillet.
- 10Break eggs into a large mixing bowl and add cream. Whisk until mixed.
- 11Add onion, salt and pepper (e.g. salt: 2 turns on grinder, pepper: 4+ turns) and whisk.
- 12Fetch pie crust from fridge.
- 13Crumble the bacon and spread evenly across the bottom of the pie crust.
- 14Spread the cheese on top of the bacon.
- 15Gently pour the egg/cream mixture into the pie crust.
- 16Place the pie plate on a cookie sheet and place in the middle of the oven.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quiche Lorraine
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.0
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 180.1 mg
- Sodium 508.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 10.8 g