Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Each time I fix this, my boys want more. It's like they are addicted and can't get enough. This is the first to go at major events as well. Hope you will enjoy. AND IT'S SO EASY TOO!
- 1⁄2 lb ham, cut up (1 cup)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash cayenne or 1 dash red pepper
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese or 1 cup gruyere cheese
- 1 frozen pie crust
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Precook pie crust 10-15 minutes.
- Cover bottom of crust with meat, and onions and peppers sautéed in butter.
- Sprinkle cheese over evenly.
- Beat eggs, add cream, nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
- Pour mixture over meat evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let set a few minutes before cutting.
- I have substituted with crab, shrimp and scallops instead of the ham, with 1/4 tsp salt, and this too is a winner.
Hi LinMarie! This is a winner! Easy to prepare and so tasty. I used the cayenne pepper and grated Gruyere cheese. Can't wait to make it again. Thank you so much for sharing.
This is my go to quiche recipe. Never fails and it's wonderful.
This was great. I stuck to the classic and used bacon instead of of ham but other then that this was perfect.