1/2 Photos of Quiche Lorraine
I LOVE this quiche. It's crustless. The texture is fabulous. You can vary this in many ways by changing the filling ingredients. This one is bacon and Gruyere. I sometimes add green onion and 1/4 c dijon mustard to this recipe. Or I'll go totally different and just add lots of diced and sauteed veggies and omit the bacon and cheese. I like to serve it with a small salad and a cluster of seedless grapes or some melon.
My Private Note
9inch Q ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook chopped bacon in a heavy skillet with a little butter or olive oil until browned.
- 2Remove the bacon from the skillet to a glass or paper plate lined with a couple paper towels.
- 3Butter a 9" glass pie dish.
- 4Spread bacon and then the grated Gruyere in the pie plate.
- 5Whisk together the eggs, creme fraiche, salt, and pepper.
- 6Pour over the bacon and cheese, using a fork to gently distribute the bacon and cheese evenly.
- 7Bake the quiche in a water bath in a 350F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 8Serve hot or at room temperature.
- 9Note: A water bath is simply placing the dish to be cooked in a larger dish, then filling the larger dish with water to about 1" from the top of the smaller dish, then bake.
- 10I get the water ready to pour, place the uncooked quiche in the larger dish and then into the oven, and THEN pour the water in.
- 11Be very careful pulling this out of the oven.
- 12Move slowly so the hot water doesn't slosh about.
- 13Don't pull your oven rack out with the dish on it unless your rack moves very smoothly or the water will slosh.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quiche Lorraine
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.2
- Calories from Fat 455
- Total Fat 50.6 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 231.6 mg
- Sodium 565.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 17.2 g