Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This isn't low fat, but why go low fat when in France?! Very yummy and easy to make. I've used Emmentaler instead of gruyere, and it turned out nicely. Excellent with a green salad.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pie crust in a large tart pan. You may have to roll out a store-bought crust to fit. Place it in the refrigerator.
- Cut up the bacon into small pieces. In saucepan, boil the bacon for 1 minute and remove it. In a frying pan, fry the bacon for 5 minutes. Place the bacon bits on a paper towl.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the cream, paprika, salt and pepper. Add the bacon and ham.
- Put the egg mixture into the tart pan. Cover with the cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Eat at room-temperature or cold.
For dietary reasons I did have to lower the fat a little and only used 5oz thickened cream and 5oz of hi-low milk with the 4 eggs and used cheddar cheese and at the DH's request used 2 handfuls of baby spinach which I finely shredded and well I eyeballed the rest of ingredients using a very lean bacon which I diced and fried in a little oil and some smoky ham of the bone from our Christmas ham all in all with some left over salad from boxing day proved a great meal and even the DH who normally cringes when being served quiche thought this was good, thank you melin44, made for Bargain Basement tag game.