This isn't low fat, but why go low fat when in France?! Very yummy and easy to make. I've used Emmentaler instead of gruyere, and it turned out nicely. Excellent with a green salad.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pie crust in a large tart pan. You may have to roll out a store-bought crust to fit. Place it in the refrigerator.
- Cut up the bacon into small pieces. In saucepan, boil the bacon for 1 minute and remove it. In a frying pan, fry the bacon for 5 minutes. Place the bacon bits on a paper towl.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the cream, paprika, salt and pepper. Add the bacon and ham.
- Put the egg mixture into the tart pan. Cover with the cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Eat at room-temperature or cold.