Recipe by melin44
This isn't low fat, but why go low fat when in France?! Very yummy and easy to make. I've used Emmentaler instead of gruyere, and it turned out nicely. Excellent with a green salad.
Top Review by furthurla
I love this receipe!! I've tried many different receipes trying to find one that will turn out a rich and silky quiche that will resemble the ones from Paris. The secret is the cream! It's a really simple and easy to follow receipe, (I made it with my daughter), especially if you buy a ready made crust like the ones in Trader Joe's. I only had bacon on hand and just gently fried it with some onion and it turned out amazing. My family thought I had bought it since it didn't taste like my usual ones. I will experiment with different ingredients but following this master receipe.
- 1 pie crust (store-bought or handmade)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄3 lb ham slices
- 1⁄2 lb gruyere cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 14 ounces heavy cream
- 2 pinches paprika
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pie crust in a large tart pan. You may have to roll out a store-bought crust to fit. Place it in the refrigerator.
- Cut up the bacon into small pieces. In saucepan, boil the bacon for 1 minute and remove it. In a frying pan, fry the bacon for 5 minutes. Place the bacon bits on a paper towl.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the cream, paprika, salt and pepper. Add the bacon and ham.
- Put the egg mixture into the tart pan. Cover with the cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Eat at room-temperature or cold.