- 150 g shortcrust pastry (5 oz)
- 175 g gruyere cheese, thinly sliced (6 oz)
- 175 g bacon, chopped (6 oz)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg, Grated
- 150 ml single cream (or top of milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 18-cm(7-in) flan tin or sandwich cake tin with the pastry.
- Place a layer of cheese on the pastry, then a layer of bacon, and repeat until both ingredients have been used up.
- Mix the eggs with the cayenne pepper, nutmeg, and cream or milk.
- then pour over the cheese and bacon mixture in the flan case.
- Bake near the top of the oven at 200C(400F) Gas mark 6 for about 30 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and the filling set.
- Serve hot or cold.