Recipe by clandeboy
A delicious bacon and cheese quiche
Top Review by Natalia 3
What a great recipe! I used spicy monterey jack cheese instead of swiss, sauteed the onions a bit in the bacon grease before adding, and threw some spinach leaves into the pie before adding the eggs. Served with arugula on the side and a bowl of fresh fruit. Thank you!
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup swiss cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the piecrusts for 5 minutes.
- Cook the bacon, drain and crumble.
- Sprinkle the bacon, cheese, and onion on the bottom of the piecrusts.
- Mix the eggs, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the piecrusts.
- Bake on 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake until a knife comes out clean, approximately 10 minutes.