- 1 (9 inch) pastry for single-crust pie
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded natural swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare pastry. Ease into quiche dish, 9 x 1 1/2 inches or pie plate, 9 x 1 1/4 inches.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion in pastry lined quiche dish.
- Beat eggs slightly; beat in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into quiche dish. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees. Bake about 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.