Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Out of my Betty Crocker Cookbook.
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for single-crust pie
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded natural swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare pastry. Ease into quiche dish, 9 x 1 1/2 inches or pie plate, 9 x 1 1/4 inches.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion in pastry lined quiche dish.
- Beat eggs slightly; beat in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into quiche dish. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees. Bake about 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
This is my quiche recipe I change the t ypes of cheese(s) and diffrent veggies (ie mushrooms, broccoli). My family and friends love it !!!!!!