Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
There are many recipes for Lorraine, but this is one of the original, really "fat" (but DELICIOUS) ones. Given to me by my MIL about 40 years ago, so I have no idea where it came from.
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, fried crisp and drained well
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded (6 oz by weight)
- 4 eggs, medium or large
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half or 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Bake pastry according to package directions to a light brown crust, and let cool.
- Toss together bacon and cheese.
- Place mixture into crust.
- Mix together eggs, whipping cream, half and half, flour, salt, pepper, nutmeg.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese mixture in crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 60 minutes, or until set.