Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful light dinner served with a side salad, or great served as a brunch also. It is delicious served warm or hot, and just as delicious served cold too! You can also make this in a spring form pan for a nicer presentation, and cut into a wedge shape. Serving size is only estimated, it depending on how large you slice the pieces. If desired green olives may be substituted for the black, or use both!
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 236.59 ml water or 236.59 ml vegetable bouillon granules
- 158.51 ml oil
- 118.29 ml half-and-half cream
- 6 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 78.07-118.29 ml chopped green onions or 78.07-118.29 ml scallion
- 118.29 ml black olives, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped roasted red peppers or 118.29 ml finely minced sun-dried tomato
- 7.39 ml salt (or to taste)
- 29.58-44.37 ml minced fresh parsley
- 9.85 ml fresh dill (or to taste)
- 473.18 ml shredded white cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded swiss cheese or 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese
- 29.58-44.37 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or a 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, blend together flour, baking powder and garlic powder.
- Stir in the water or vegetable bouillon, oil, half and half cream and eggs; mix well to combine.
- Fold in the green onions or scallions (if using) olives, roasted peppers (or sun dried tomatoes if using) salt, pepper, dill and shredded cheeses; mix to combine well.
- Transfer/spoon into prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until set.
- If serving this hot, allow to cool slightly before cutting and serving.
- Refrigerate if serving later to serve cold.