Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is fabulous! There are lots of leftovers if you are only cooking for two, but they reheat very well. Pick small peppers or the cups will be too big and the edges will burn.
- 6 red bell peppers
- 3⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2⁄3 cup chopped and seeded tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Cook peppers in boiling water. Drain well.
- Sauté green onions, green peppers and garlic. Stir in herbs.
- Add tomato and orzo.
- Spoon into peppers and sprinkle with cheese. Place in a baking pan.
- Beat eggs with milk until foamy.
- Pour over peppers (1/3 cup each).
- Bake at 350 until set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. About 45 minutes. Serve hot.
What a great idea, Dicooks! I love quiche of all kinds but never envisioned cooking them in red pepper shells. The variations on this recipe are virtually endless! Thank you! ~Chef 289860.