1/4 Photos of Quiche in a Bag (Oamc-Freezer Cooking)
This is one of my favorite monthly freezer cooking recipes. So easy and cooks up perfectly every time. It's from the Freezer Cooking Manual, but I tweaked it a little. Can be done in endless variations. My favorite combo is chicken, bacon and spinach with swiss cheese. Also great as a vegetarian meal- just skip the meat and add extra veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup meat, any diced and browned (such as bacon, ham, chicken, sausage etc)
- 3/4 cup vegetables (thawed chopped spinach, broccoli, chopped green pepper)
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (use 1 tsp for a spicier kick)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1Combine meat, vegetable, cheese, and onion. Place this mixture in a labeled 1-gallon freezer bag.
- 2With a mixer or blender, combine the milk, eggs, Tabasco sauce, flour and baking powder.
- 3Pour into the bag with the meat/vegetable mixture.
- 4Seal and freeze.
- 5To serve, thaw completely. Shake bag well and pour into a spray-treated or greased deep dish pie plate or quiche pan.
- 6Bake at 350º for 35-45 minutes, until lightly browned on top and well set in the center.
- 7Cool about 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quiche in a Bag (Oamc-Freezer Cooking)
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.7
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 147.4 mg
- Sodium 490.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: