Recipe by Whatscooking?
This is one of my favorite monthly freezer cooking recipes. So easy and cooks up perfectly every time. It's from the Freezer Cooking Manual, but I tweaked it a little. Can be done in endless variations. My favorite combo is chicken, bacon and spinach with swiss cheese. Also great as a vegetarian meal- just skip the meat and add extra veggies.
Top Review by y1yp
I have made this once a week for the past couple of weeks. I found that adding about a teaspoon of garlic made a big difference possibly because I used cheddar instead of swiss so it needed a little something else for flavour. I use leftovers for the meat. I cook something for Sunday dinner (roast, fajitas, roast chicken, etc) and at the same time I make up the egg mixture. Then after supper all I do is chop up the leftover meat, add it to the egg mixture, and I have supper ready for Monday. It isn't quite meatless Monday but since it is leftovers it is probably close.
- 1 cup meat, any diced and browned (such as bacon, ham, chicken, sausage etc)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetables (thawed chopped spinach, broccoli, chopped green pepper)
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (use 1 tsp for a spicier kick)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meat, vegetable, cheese, and onion. Place this mixture in a labeled 1-gallon freezer bag.
- With a mixer or blender, combine the milk, eggs, Tabasco sauce, flour and baking powder.
- Pour into the bag with the meat/vegetable mixture.
- Seal and freeze.
- To serve, thaw completely. Shake bag well and pour into a spray-treated or greased deep dish pie plate or quiche pan.
- Bake at 350º for 35-45 minutes, until lightly browned on top and well set in the center.
- Cool about 5 minutes before serving.