Recipe by TesB
I've been using this recipe from an aunt's coworker for 3 years, now. Pretty much fool proof. I do add seasoning to the custard mixture, though.
Top Review by Outta Here
Great quiche! I like that it uses chives instead of onions. I made mine with some leftover steak that I cut up into pieces, and used a Mexican cheese blend. Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef game.
- 2 deep dish pie shells (like Pet Ritz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups ham (or another meat of choice)
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 3 cups cheese (Shredded)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw and pierce Deep Dish Pie Crusts with a fork.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the pie crusts.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 9 minutes.
- Add the meat to cover the bottom of the pie crusts.
- Top with chives.
- Fill the remainder of the pie with shredded cheese of your choice (I prefer mixed shredded cheese) – takes approximately one bag for each unless you buy a big bag from Costco or Sams – you will have plenty left over.
- Mix heavy whipping cream with eggs and slowly pour the mixture into the pie shells. The pies should be really full and therefore I recommend placing them on a cookie sheet to prevent any overflowing.
- Bake the pies in the oven for approximately 40 to 45 minutes at 400 degrees. Upon testing at center, the tester should come out clean.
- Let the pie set/cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: Can be made a day ahead of time and warmed them when needed. They are just as good - if not better the second day.