Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
South Beach Low-Carb recipe...so tasty! These are so simple to make in the muffin tins and are perfect individual servings. For convienence, I like to just use frozen diced green peppers and onions. Any combo of veggies or cheese can be used and these can be made veggie-friendly without the bacon. Also, these can be easily frozen and re-heated in the microwave.
- 1.5 (680.38 g) package Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen spinach, thawed and excess moisture squeezed out
- 354.88 ml shredded reduced-fat cheese (I like cheddar)
- 118.29 ml diced green pepper (can use frozen)
- 118.29 ml diced onion (can use frozen)
- 118.29 ml canned mushroom pieces
- 0.39 ml hot pepper sauce (optional, I prefer tabasco) (optional)
- 118.29 ml bacon bits (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray PAM in two 12-cup muffin pans.
- Combine ingredients, mix well.
- Divide evenly between cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Made half the recipe but used the entire carton of egg beaters. Added chopped tomatoes and omitted the green peppers (not a big fan). Thanks for sharing your recipe, will definitely make again!
So tasty and I couldn't believe it was so simple to do!!! I don't care for spinach so I doubled the peppers and onions and the mushrooms. I also didn't want to leave just 1/2 a carton of Egg Beaters so I dumped it all in. Couldn't find the muffin pans so I baked this in a large rectangle Pyrex dish and divided it into individual portions after it was done baking. So fast and easy, especially if you use the frozen veggies!