Recipe by QueenB3143
South Beach Low-Carb recipe...so tasty! These are so simple to make in the muffin tins and are perfect individual servings. For convienence, I like to just use frozen diced green peppers and onions. Any combo of veggies or cheese can be used and these can be made veggie-friendly without the bacon. Also, these can be easily frozen and re-heated in the microwave.
Top Review by Skooch
Made half the recipe but used the entire carton of egg beaters. Added chopped tomatoes and omitted the green peppers (not a big fan). Thanks for sharing your recipe, will definitely make again!
- 1.5 (16 ounce) packages Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheese (I like cheddar)
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper (can use frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion (can use frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup canned mushroom pieces
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce (optional, I prefer tabasco) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits (optional)