My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flour and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in the shortenng with a fork or pastry cutter until the dough pieces are the size of peas.
- 2Sprinkle half of the water over the dough and mix until the water is absorbed.
- 3Sprinkle on the remaining water and continue to gently stir until the dough is moistened. Form the dough into a ball, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refridgerate.
- 4When chilled, unwrap the dough and place on a lightly floured surface.
- 5Roll out into a 12 inch circle and getly lay in a 9 inch pie pan.
- 6Cut off any excess dough with kitchen scissors or a kife and crimp the edge.
- 7Fill with whatever filling you'd like and bake in preheated oven (425 F) for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quiche Crust
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.2
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 97.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g