Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Quiche Crust recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the flour and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in the shortenng with a fork or pastry cutter until the dough pieces are the size of peas.
- Sprinkle half of the water over the dough and mix until the water is absorbed.
- Sprinkle on the remaining water and continue to gently stir until the dough is moistened. Form the dough into a ball, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refridgerate.
- When chilled, unwrap the dough and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out into a 12 inch circle and getly lay in a 9 inch pie pan.
- Cut off any excess dough with kitchen scissors or a kife and crimp the edge.
- Fill with whatever filling you'd like and bake in preheated oven (425 F) for 15 minutes.
This crust worked beautifully! Before I put the filling in I baked for about 8 min to firm up the crust.
Works perfectly as posted. Thank you!