Recipe by Cookin' Elvis
Chicken cordon bleu for breakfast? Impress your overnight guests with a dish that tastes gourmet and is a great way to use up leftover chicken.
Top Review by Midwest Maven
While the flavor of this quiche was good, the texture really was not to our liking, I'm sorry. I cooked it longer than specified and it still had a very mushy texture to it.
- 1⁄2 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken, cubed (about one half breast)
- 1 green onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 eggs, well-beaten
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry (found in the refrigerator section, like Pillsbury)
- 1 tablespoon paprika (more or less, for color)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Evenly distribute the meats, cheese and onions in the pie crust; whisk together all other ingredients and pour on top; sprinkle paprika across top for color.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes, or until top is golden; let it set for 10 minutes, then cut and serve.