1/4 Photos of Quiche Aux Asperges Et Saumon (Asparagus & Salmon Quiche)
1 hr 30 mins
Most Icelandic asparagus recipes use canned asparagus as fresh asparagus is usually only available in very up-scale grocery stores at a price most would refuse to pay. However, this recipe from *French Bistro and Cafe Cooking* by Pierre-Yves Chupin would make such a purchase worthwhile, for me at least. *Enjoy* !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Roll out pastry dough & use it to line a buttered pie pan. Using the tines of a fork, prick the pastry (sides & bottom) at regular intervals. Bake blind for 10 min (See note below).
- 2Peel asparagus, discarding most of the tough stem & reserving the tips & tender parts. Cook for 15 min in boiling salted water. Drain well, allow to cool slightly & chop roughly.
- 3Reduce oven temp to 375F (190C). Evenly distribute the cooked asparagus & smoked salmon strips in the baked pie shell.
- 4Beat the eggs, creme fraiche, mustard, milk, salt & pepper in a bowl. Pour the mixture into the pie shell, bake for 30 min & serve immediately.
- 5NOTE: To bake blind in Step #1, the recipe recommended the use of a circle of parchment paper to line the bottom of the pie shell & then filling it w/baking beans, rice or chickpeas.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quiche Aux Asperges Et Saumon (Asparagus & Salmon Quiche)
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.7
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 158.8 mg
- Sodium 537.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 14.6 g