Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Printed on the bottom of my ceramic quiche pan. I love this quiche and would like to share with others as well as being able to access the recipe when away from home. Great for brunch or afternoon tea. Can be eaten hot or cold.
- 1 baked pie crust
- 6 ounces bacon
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- white pepper
- Lay lightly sauteed strips of bacon to cover bottom of pie crust.
- Cover bacon with thin slices of cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour half of the egg and milk mixture over bacon and cheese and wait for bacon and cheese to settle then add the rest to within 1/2 inch of top of crust.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg to taste.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.