This recipe is from the back of a Kraft Cheese wrapper that I have had forever. Our favorite add-ins are chopped ham, chopped broccoli and mushrooms. Prep. time is not included.
- Toss cheddar cheese with flour.
- Add milk, eggs, and parmesan cheese (if using), and pepper; mix well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 350* for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- Variations: Add 10 oz. pkg frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained and 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained.
- Add 1 cup finely chopped ham, 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper, and 1/4 cup chopped pimentos.
- Add 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled and 1/4 cup chopped green onions.
- Substitute 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese for the cheddar cheese.
- Add a 4 oz, pkg. sliced pepperoni, 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained and 1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed.
- Top with thin tomato slices just before serving.
- Add 1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage cooked and drained; 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, cooked and well drained; 1/4 cup chopped onion and a dash of garlic powder.
I agree with others, make sure you pre-bake the crust or it gets soggy. Otherwise, this recipe was great! Instead of flour, I used baking powder 'cause it fluffs up the eggs more, and that's the way I like 'em.
Excellent versatile recipe! I made mine with 1% milk, 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, 1 cup of pepper jack cheese and 2 cups raw broccoli florets. I spiced it up a bit with paprika and red pepper flakes. The texture of the quiche was beautiful while the broccoli retained a bit of crunchiness. I enjoyed the contrast in textures. I baked the crust alone while I prepping the other ingredients as suggested by other reviewers. Definitively a keeper.
Nice tasting quiche. I did cut the cheddar down to 1 cup which worked well. My add ins were bacon, onion and green pepper. Made my own crust from this site and it was fab.