Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
My favorite recipe for Quiche.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces of shredded swiss cheese
- frozen pie crust, deep dish
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped broccoli (fresh or frozen)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- Bake pie crust at 400 for 3 minutes; remove from oven and gently prick with a fork. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Mix together well 3 eggs, egg yolk, half and half and pepper.
- Saute mushrooms in butter. Place mushrooms, chopped broccoli, bacon and cheese in partially baked pie crust.
- Pour egg/half and half mixture into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I love this quiche! It's really great served with fresh cantaloupe or strawberries on the side in the summer or onion soup in the winter! This is a great versatile recipe!