Recipe by melissam9
Great quiche that can be made ahead! I usually combine the ingredients a day ahead or so and then pour into the pie crust just before baking.
- 1 pie crust
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, beat 2 eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients and pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Allow quiche to sit for about 20 minutes before cutting and serving so it can set.
- NOTE: Any combination of filling ingredients can be used. Instead of bacon & mushroom, I've used crab, chopped tomato, spinach, broccoli (then I use about 4 oz of cheddar in place of some of the swiss & monterey jack).