Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1 pounduncooked ground turkey
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (16 ounce) jar green chili salsa (salsa verde)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut up
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 medium poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips
- In a large skillet cook ground turkey and onion in hot oil over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine turkey mixture, salsa, cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, poblano pepper, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours. Stir until cream cheese is blended. Serve immediately or keep covered on warm or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Stir before serving. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.