Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
All purpose cheese sauce: it can be a dip with tortilla chips, pretzels or on Nachos on Philly Cheese Steak or as a Cheese Whiz substitute. You can also replace the Poblano's with Jalepenos, or any other chili type pepper you like.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon soy flour
- 1 cup milk
- 12 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 poblano chiles (roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour and cook 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk and cook until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese, chiles, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the sauce into a bowl and sprinkle with chopped poblano.
Wow, this is a great cheese sauce! Hubby and kids went googly eyed over it! I also used ap flour and didn't have fresh cilantro so used dehydrated. Will make a double batch next time as this will be used as more than dip! Thanks BBCFAN! Made for 2009 fall PAC.
This is so good. I used a jalapeno that I roasted on the bbq. (I did half the recipe). I used all purpose flour. And I omitted the cilantro leaves. I'll do it again. It's so easy. Thanks BBCFan :) Made for Newest Zaar tag