Recipe by Lil' Miss Peppers
These are very simple and very delicious. They contain no enchilada sauce because my family and I dislike the flavor. Instead it is replaced with queso, which makes these very kid friendly.
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 15 1⁄4 ounces tostitos salsa con queso (1 jar, yellow cheese sauce)
- 15 1⁄4 ounces tostitos monterey jack queso dip (1 Jar, white cheese sauce)
- 5 ounces medium salsa
- 3⁄4 white onion
- 16 ounces Mexican blend cheese, fiesta blend shredded cheese (2 pkg)
- cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the onion and cook on high in a small saucepan. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper to give spice.
- Mix salsa con queso with 1 package of shredded cheese, the salsa and onion in mixing bowl. Stir gently to mix, but not make mush.
- Divide and spread the mix on the 6 wraps and sprinkle with more shredded cheese (using no more than half the package total).
- Roll wraps, cut off ends (to fit into baking dish) and fit snuggly in dish.
- Cover the enchiladas, leaving no uncovered space (especially on sides), with monterey jack queso. Sprinkle top with the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400 until cheese is melted and slightly bubbling. (approx. 30min to 1 hour).