Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Queso Fundita means Melted Cheese in Spanish, but this is more than just melted cheese! It is very tasty, makes a nice presentation and has just the right kick (Diablito)!
- 1 (12 ounce) jarmedium-hot salsa
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives
- 1 (9 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together salsa, chilies and cheeses in a 2 quart casserole or baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is partly melted; Do Not Stir!
- Garnish with olives and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with chips.
Mmm! My birthday recipe! Was great, had it at a party it was adored.
The flavor of this deep is very addictive! I served this Saturday night and we finished it off on Sunday. Mildly spicy, very cheesy. Will be making this again!
I only had mild salsa. I used a can of chopped jalapenos. I didn't have monterey jack cheese so I used asiago cheese and cheddar. It gave a strong taste to the dip which was great. Thanks Karen :) Made for Cookbook tag game