1/3 Photos of Queso Fundido With Chorizo
Vicki in CT's Note:
After trying a fabulous dish of melted cheese and chorizo at La Fogata in San Antonio Tx, I searched until I found a similar recipe. This one is very close and excellent. From the cookbook, New Texas Cuisine by Stephan Pyles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place an 8 inch casserole in oven while preparing the fundido.
- 2Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat until slightly smoking. Add onion, garlic and pepper and cook for one minute stirring constantly.
- 3Add chorizo and break up while coooking for about 10 minutes.
- 4Remove the casserole from oven. Spread the cheeses over hot bottom of dish. Return the dish to oven and bake until cheese is just melted, about five minutes.
- 5Remove from oven and sprinkle chorizo mixture over top. Return to oven and heat for about three minutes.
- 6Serve with warmed tortillas.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Queso Fundido With Chorizo
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.5
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 607.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 17.0 g