Talk about party food! How can you miss with a name like "Fundido"?! This makes enough for a crowd!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large poblano chiles
- 1 1/4 lbs chorizo sausage, links, casings removed (about 8)
- 5 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 24 green onions, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/4 lbs monterey jack cheese, coarsely grated (about 5 cups)
- 1 1/4 lbs mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated (about 5 cups)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1Char chilies directly over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides.
- 2Enclose inpaper bag 10 minutes.
- 3Peel, seed, and coarsely chop chiles.
- 4Saute sausage and garlic in very large skillet over medium high heat unti browned, breaking into pieces, about 20 minutes.
- 5Add green onions; stir until wilted, about 5minutes.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Mix in cilantro and poblano chiles.
- 8Toss both cheeses and cornstarch in large bowl until coated.
- 9Bring 2 cups broth to simmer in large pot over medium-high heat.
- 10Add cheese by cupfuls, whisking until each addition is almost melted before adding the next.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Stir in chorizo mixture. Thin with more broth by 1/4 cupfuls if too thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- 13Transfer to bowl; serve with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Queso Fundido With Chorizo
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.8
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 692.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 21.2 g