Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From: Restaurant Hospitality magazine Nov. '97
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 cup mild green chili pepper, diced
- nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- 12 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Cook chorizo in large skillet over medium heat, stirring often and breaking meat into small pieces.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add onions, and cook until translucent.
- Add green chilies; cook until hot.
- Remove from pan.
- Lightly coat a 400* F preheated griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place 3 ounce portions of cheese in mounds on griddle.
- When cheese begins to melt place a spoonful of chorizo mixture over each cheese mound.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Once cheese has fully melted, fold each circle in half, completely covering filling.
- Serve immediately with tortilla strips and cilantro.