Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
We ordered a dip like this at a restaurant recently and I decided to try and re-create it. Thanks to the "chipotle" suggestion from my bud Riff I believe this is exact. It may sound awkward with crawfish but I assure you it is wonderful and ever so easy to make.
- 453.59 g box Velveeta cheese
- 1 can chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 package frozen crawfish meat
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- ~Iused my crockpot for this~.
- Cube the cheese to make melting easier.
- Cut the end off each pepper and push the seeds out with the flat portion of a knife then dice finely.
- If crawfish meat portions are too large, cut into smaller pieces.
- Put all ingredients into crockpot including the adobe sauce from your peppers, stir frequently to allow all to melt and blend.
- I served with multi colored tortilla chips.
- The chipotle pepper is very spicy so you may want to omit the chili powder or cut back on the number of peppers if you do not like it spicy.
- *Thestore brand of Velveta works very well and the crawfish amount is just over a cup and I am sure you can use fresh as well.
- This is also easy to make in the microwave but making it in a crockpot you can serve it in it as well keeping the dip warm.