Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a really simple dip to make, but the taste is fantastic. I am always being asked for the recipe.
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- Cube the velveeta and place in a Crockpot on low.
- Chop the onion and place it in a blender with the Ro-tel tomatoes and the peeled tomatoes.
- Add this to the cheese in the crockpot.
- Brown the ground beef; drain; add taco seasoning according to the directions on package.
- Add it to the cheese mixture in the crockpot and stir everything together.
- It takes about 4 to 5 hours to cook on low.
- Stir occasionally.
I make a simpler recipe and saves on time. Same thing cube Velveeta (use the Mexican style instead) and place in crockpot. But if you have a removable crock and want a kick start, place the crock in the microwave to melt the cheese. Use spicy ground pork (ie. Bob Evans) instead of ground beef. Cook it and mix into cheese. Place crockpot on low for 2 hours prior to your event. Give it a try, saves time and will taste the same as your recipe. :)
A hit at my anniversary party. Everyone wanted recipe! I omitted gr. beef (forgot it at market) but it was delicious without!
I made this for a family get together and it turned out great. Everyone really liked it. I added a can of sliced black olives to it as well. Delicious - will make again. Thanks!