Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful recipe that I got while working at a local restaurant a few years ago. It's simple and easy and we always had people ordering it for parties.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs white American cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup diced jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄4 cup frozen spinach
- Thaw, drain, chop and pat the spinach dry.
- Shred cheese to help it melt easier.
- Put all of the ingedients in a crockpot on a high setting until cheese is melted.
- Stir occasionally.
- When cheese is melted. Lower heat setting.
omg. this is EXACTLY the queso recipe i've been searching for. it's absolutely delicious and perfect - i left out the spinach on my first run, but i'm sure that's awesome as well. this is dangerous stuff, folks. if you add this to homemade salsa & tortilla chips you could become addicted. thanks so much for the great recipe!
a really rich dip thank you for posting this shimmer , look forward to more of your recipes .dee
This dip rocks! It taste just like a queso my husband and I have at our favorite Mexican restaurant. I have been looking for this recipe & now I can make it whenever I want which will be all the time because we love it! Thanks for sharing!