Recipe by Karen in MA
Spanish tapas - toasted garlic bread dipped in creamy warm goat cheese and tomato sauce —easy and yummy!
Top Review by Mia #3
Thank you karen, for sharring this lovely receipe. I live in portugal and this is just what I was looking for. Going to try it out tonight. Thanks again for posting it for all of us food lovers!!!!!!!!!!!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- baguette, sliced
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce or 1 -1 1⁄2 cup pasta sauce
- basil leaves, chopped (garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat conventional oven or toaster oven to 350°F
- Mix together the garlic and olive oil and spread over bread slices and place on a baking sheet.
- Pat the goat cheese into a 1/2-inch pancake and place in shallow baking dish.
- Ladle tomato sauce into dish to come up to top edge of cheese (do not cover the cheese with sauce).
- Bake, uncovered, until sauce begins to bubble at edges and cheese is hot, about 25 minutes. During last 10 minutes of baking, toast bread until golden brown.
- Garnish cheese with basil if using.