Recipe by Random Rachel
Queso Blanco - white cheese dip for nachos, served in Tex Mex restaurants. I imagine you could use yellow American cheese for regular queso dip - from penniesonaplatter.com
Top Review by raiders757
I've made this exact recipe several times in the past, and it's fantastic. It's exactly like the queso dip served at all the local Mexican restaurants in my neck of the woods. We prefer to call it "crack cheese", as it can become rather addictive when served with warm tortilla chips. Even better, pour it over your burrito or fried chimichanga.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs white American cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup diced green chilis
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 ounce pickled jalapeno juice
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss all ingredients into a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stopping to stir after every minute. The mixture might seem watery during the first few stirs, but should come together as a nice runny dip after all the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately as a dip with tortilla chips or as a sauce over your favorite Mexican dish.