Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Queso Blanco - white cheese dip for nachos, served in Tex Mex restaurants. I imagine you could use yellow American cheese for regular queso dip - from penniesonaplatter.com
- 1 1⁄4 lbs white American cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup diced green chilis
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 ounce pickled jalapeno juice
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- Toss all ingredients into a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stopping to stir after every minute. The mixture might seem watery during the first few stirs, but should come together as a nice runny dip after all the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately as a dip with tortilla chips or as a sauce over your favorite Mexican dish.
I've made this exact recipe several times in the past, and it's fantastic. It's exactly like the queso dip served at all the local Mexican restaurants in my neck of the woods. We prefer to call it "crack cheese", as it can become rather addictive when served with warm tortilla chips. Even better, pour it over your burrito or fried chimichanga.
I made this a few months ago, as soon as I found the recipe on Pinterest, from the same site you reference. It is like the cheese dip my Mexican restaurant USED to make, until they went cheapo. Only melted cheese now, which would make me sad, except I've got their old recipe! When I prepared it yesterday, after a few minutes, DH asked me to put it away, so as not to eat it all! I think that says a LOT! Nice to have it here for easy reference - Thanks for posting this great recipe, Random Rachel!