Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for pot-lucks, this can be prepared stovetop, in a crock pot, or even in the microwave. Very spicy, so some of you may want to cut down on the peppers if you're not used to the heat!
- 473.18 ml asadero cheese or 473.18 ml chihuahua cheese, finely shredded
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 (226.79 g) can diced green chilies
- 118.29 ml fat-free half-and-half
- 29.58 ml scallions, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded & minced
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- Put all ingredients in a double boiler and heat on medium. Cook until melted and well blended, stirring occasionally.
- If using crock pot, cook on high, stirring occasionally until melted.
- If using microwave, cook on high, stirring every 90 seconds until melted.
- Serve with crispy corn tortilla chips.