Mims & Squims's Note:
Great for pot-lucks, this can be prepared stovetop, in a crock pot, or even in the microwave. Very spicy, so some of you may want to cut down on the peppers if you're not used to the heat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml asadero cheese or 473.18 ml chihuahua cheese, finely shredded
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 (226.79 g) can diced green chilies
- 118.29 ml fat-free half-and-half
- 29.58 ml scallions, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded & minced
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1Put all ingredients in a double boiler and heat on medium. Cook until melted and well blended, stirring occasionally.
- 2If using crock pot, cook on high, stirring occasionally until melted.
- 3If using microwave, cook on high, stirring every 90 seconds until melted.
- 4Serve with crispy corn tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Queso Blanco Picante (Spicy White Cheese Dip)
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.3
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 1730.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 16.6 g