Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for pot-lucks, this can be prepared stovetop, in a crock pot, or even in the microwave. Very spicy, so some of you may want to cut down on the peppers if you're not used to the heat!
- 2 cups asadero cheese or 2 cups chihuahua cheese, finely shredded
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded & minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Put all ingredients in a double boiler and heat on medium. Cook until melted and well blended, stirring occasionally.
- If using crock pot, cook on high, stirring occasionally until melted.
- If using microwave, cook on high, stirring every 90 seconds until melted.
- Serve with crispy corn tortilla chips.