Recipe by Steve P.
This is a white dipping sauce served in many restaurants with chips or hot flour tortillas for dipping. This is a basic recipe that uses '"jack" for the Tex-Mex version and chihuahua and/or asadero for the more traditional Mexican version.
Top Review by Denise!
We really loved the flavor of this dip and it was very easy to make. The texture could have been a little smoother, but that may be due to the cheese we used. Overall, a really delicious dip that we will definitely make again.
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup asadero cheese or 1 cup chihuahua cheese, shredded fine
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped fine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped fine (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a double boiler and heat on medium.
- Cook until melted and well blended, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with fresh tostadas or hot flour tortillas.